Green Smoothie Bowl
Green smoothie bowls are one of my everyday must have. It fills me up, taste crazy delicious and I feel covered up with energy and vitamins for the rest of the day. It is super easy too and quickly made. The smoothie bowl is a great way to add fresh fruits and superfoods to your diet. I always have frozen bananas in the fridge, as that is always the base for every smoothie that I do. With that im topping it up with everything I can basically find in my kitchen. This time I made a green smoothie which taste almost like melted ice cream yum! Adding a hearty smoothie bowl to your daily or almost daily meal routine, you will find just how much your body can transform itself with simple, clean food.
- 3 ripe bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 large handful kale
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Dried Cranberries
- Cacao Nibs
- Add all smoothie ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more almond milk (or water) to thin.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more ripe banana for adding more sweetness, more spinach for a bright green hue, or almond milk for creaminess.
- For more protein, add nut butter! This also offsets / enhances the natural sweetness of the smoothie.
- Divide between 2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers can be kept in jars in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.