How to make Dairy-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff. This easy vegan stroganoff recipe will quickly become a new favorite pasta dish! It’s also a healthier version and perfect for meal preparation or as a comforting bundled-up bowl of goodness!
A classic Stroganoff is a Russian dish traditionally centered around beef that is cooked in a sour cream-based sauce and served over egg noodles. The sour cream is an important ingredient that gives Stroganoff its signature creamy tanginess. In this recipe, I am replacing the sour cream with a dairy-free option that is coconut milk from Chef’s Choice. By simmering the coconut milk together with the seitan and mushrooms it will slowly thicken naturally into a very creamy smooth consistency with that tanginess to it by using yellow mustard and lime juice for seasoning. To replace the beef I am using homemade Seitan but you can also use tempeh, tofu, or another meat substitute.
For a delicious low-carb lunch or dinner check out my Shiitake Ramen Noodle Soup recipe. All the umami and tangy flavor of a ramen soup but with tender yet crispy, bright b sprouts and shirataki noodles. Can’t wait for you to try.
If you enjoyed this recipe show some love by making a picture of your creation or my recipe video, post it on Instagram, and don’t forget to tag me under @maricelsvegancrush and I will reshare your post.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Love always. xx
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms (cut in half)
- 1 1/2 cups seitan (cut in small pieces)
- 250g fusilli semolina pasta
- 2 handful fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 garlic gloves (minced)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 medium size onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 500g Chef's Choice coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain and set aside.
- In the pan heat vegetable oil and sauté seitan until golden brown. This should take about 6 to 7 minutes depending on which kind of seitan you are using. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat add butter and let melt slowly. Add sliced onion and cook until translucent. Add the mushrooms. Cook until wilted and soft and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for another minute to release the flavours of the garlic.
- Pour the coconut milk and the seitan into the pan. Season with salt, pepper and mustard. Mix gently and let simmer over low heat for about 7-10min until coconut milk is reduced and thickened. Add chopped parsley and combine.
- Combine fusilli noodles with the mushroom gravy and blend until well cooperated. Drizzle lime juice over the stroganoff before serving.
- Replace noodles with grains or mashed potato. For a low carb version make spiralled zucchini or cauliflower rice instead.
- Instead of seitan use tofu, tempeh or other meat option alternatives.
Raw Food Workshop Bangkok Rasayana Retreat
Another fun raw food workshop in Bangkok with scrumptious dishes this time with recipes inspired by italian cuisine. The dishes always changes at every workshop and you will be able to learn new techniques and recipes every time. Come taste and learn how to create amazing raw cuisine with few ingredients and quick instructions! Have your diet under control with healthy quick and delicious meals, snacks and desserts that you and your family will looove!
Yay finally Vegan Crush is now offering a weekly healthy meal preparation where she will do it all together for you. We will take care of your grocery and cook meals for the whole week so you are all set up and good to go!
You can focus on other things while we are making sure that you reach your diet goals and nourish you with the best food possible.
There is only one way which is success and achievement, we will direct you and take care that you will reach what you want to become. Lets do this together! Questions?
Love yourself ❤️