Fermented Coconut Yoghurt – VEGAN
Homemade vegan coconut yogurt is easier than you might think!
This yogurt is raw, vegan, gluten-free, full of probiotics & protein and is totally delicious. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch with berries or drizzled on top of wraps, supper with curries, or dessert as a delicious frozen yoghurt! The recipe is super easy, and it requires only minimal active hands-on preparation time.
Many brands of probiotics come in capsule form. Simply open the capsules and pour the content into your yogurt to use as a starting culture. Look for brands that are labeled “dairy-free” or “vegan,”.
A finished yogurt can also be used as a starter for your next batch. If you have never made yogurt before, you can use store-bought yogurt instead. There are numerous dairy-free yogurt brands available today, including those made from coconut milk, almonds, cashew, and so on. Save a small amount of yogurt to use as a starter for your first batch. This concept generally works well, and then you’ll just save a bit from the new batch and so on.
Creamy, tangy, thick and simply delicious. Happy creating!
Fermented Coconut Yogurt
- cheese cloth
- glass jar
- wooden spoon
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 capsule vegan probiotic
- Shake your coconut milk well. Then open and pour into a clean, sterilized, dry glass jar or bowl. You can easily sterilize glass jars by rinsing thoroughly with boiling water and letting dry completely. Just let them cool back down to room temperature before adding ingredients.
- Empty your probiotic capsule into the coconut milk. Use a wooden or plastic spoon/spatula.
- Cover the mixture with cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band. Let the yogurt activate for 24hours and up to 48 hours in a warm place. The longer it rests, the tangier the yogurt will become.
- Enjoy with berry compote. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The yogurt's texture and tanginess will vary with each batch. It is based upon the coconuts and how thick the meat is, how much water there is, and how strong the probiotics are that you are using. Experiment with different brands to see what work for you.
Banana Fruit Leather, Raw Vegan Dehydrator Snack
Homemade raw vegan banana fruit leather made easy with the dehydrator. 😋 Ideal Snack for a quick energy boost for in between or to take with you when hiking. Healthy, rich and tasty!
Apple and Banana Fruit Leather
- 4 pieces ripe bananas
- 5 pieces pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- Process everything in the mixer into a uniform, thick mass.
- Place baking paper on one of the racks and distribute the fruit mixture evenly.
- Dehydrate at 40° for approximately 13 hours.
Carrot Flaxseed Cracker Raw Vegan, Dehydrator Snack
Homemade raw vegan carrot flaxseed cracker made easy with the dehydrator. Ideal Snack for a quick energy boost for in between or to take with you when hiking. Healthy, rich and tasty!
Carrot Flaxseed Cracker Raw Vegan
- 4 pieces carrot roughly chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 4-5 Tbsp water
- Process everything in the mixer to a thick even consistency.
- Place baking paper on one of the racks and distribute the mixture evenly on it, about 5 mm thick.
- Then, pre-cut 12–15 pieces and dry them for about 13 hours at 40 °.
Nori Power Sticks Raw Vegan, Dehydrator Snack
Homemade raw vegan nori power sticks made easy with the dehydrator. 😋
Perfect for a quick energy boost for in between or to take with you when hiking. Healthy, rich and tasty!
Raw Vegan Nori Power Sticks
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g walnuts
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 pieces red or yellow bell pepper roughly chopped
- 3 pieces sundried tomato
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 pieces nori sheed
- Combine everything, except the nori sheets, in a blender and pulse until combined.
- Halve nori sheets lengthways and add about 2 tablespoons of the filling evenly and roll up.
- Dehydrate at 40° for approx. 20 hours.
Cranberry and Peanut Confection
A confection you will love forever. It is one of our favorite snacks to have and friends and families love it. They will ask for more and won’t believe this confection is raw vegan.
The combination of cranberry and peanut butter ugh it’s divine!
Trust me this lil cranberry and peanut confection makes life a whole lot better.. indulgent decadent and just dreaamy!
GET THE RECIPE
You must be logged in to post a comment.