Date Coconut Confection
This raw vegan date coconut confection highlights the sweet natural caramel flavor notes in dates and is the perfect nutrient-dense snack! Made with only two ingredients, coconut and dates, these coconut date confections are naturally sweet without any refined sugar. For a fun presentation, they can also be pressed into candy molds. It is one of our favorite snacks to have and friends and families love it. They will ask for more and won’t believe this confection is raw vegan.
Once you’ve tried the basic recipe, though, you can experiment with adding other ingredients to add more variety. If you love this recipe you will love this Cranberry Peanut Confection. The combination of cranberry and peanut butter ugh it’s divine!
If no liquids have been added to the mixture, these can be kept at room temperature. They will keep for several weeks. If you pre-soak the dates or add any liquids, they will need to be stored in the fridge.
Date and coconut confection
- Food Processor
- 200 g shredded coconut
- 15-20 pieces medjool dates pitted
- In a blender add the dates and blend until creamy in consistency.
- Now add the shredded coconut and blend until well cooperated.
- Form into confections and cover with more coconut.
No-Bake Chocolate Sesame Cookies
One of a kind chocolate cookie recipe. The toasted sesame seeds provide texture and depth of taste. Its nutty, a hint of salt, and notes of exotic sesame linger long after the cookies has disappeared. In much the same way that my chocolate fudge somewhat take you by surprise, these behave in much the same way.
Chocolate Sesame Chip Cookie
- 500 g chestnut (cooked)
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 4-5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- 3-5 Tbsp black sesame seeds (roughly grinded)
- In a blender combine all ingredients except the black sesame. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Using your hands form about 3cm diagonal mini cookies and cover with sesame seeds.
Homemade vegan coconut yogurt is easier than you might think!
This yogurt is raw, vegan, gluten-free, full of probiotics & protein and is totally delicious. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch with berries or drizzled on top of wraps, supper with curries, or dessert as a delicious frozen yoghurt! The recipe is super easy, and it requires only minimal active hands-on preparation time.
Many brands of probiotics come in capsule form. Simply open the capsules and pour the content into your yogurt to use as a starting culture. Look for brands that are labeled “dairy-free” or “vegan,”.
A finished yogurt can also be used as a starter for your next batch. If you have never made yogurt before, you can use store-bought yogurt instead. There are numerous dairy-free yogurt brands available today, including those made from coconut milk, almonds, cashew, and so on. Save a small amount of yogurt to use as a starter for your first batch. This concept generally works well, and then you’ll just save a bit from the new batch and so on.
Creamy, tangy, thick and simply delicious. Happy creating!
Fermented Coconut Yogurt
- cheese cloth
- glass jar
- wooden spoon
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 capsule vegan probiotic
- Shake your coconut milk well. Then open and pour into a clean, sterilized, dry glass jar or bowl. You can easily sterilize glass jars by rinsing thoroughly with boiling water and letting dry completely. Just let them cool back down to room temperature before adding ingredients.
- Empty your probiotic capsule into the coconut milk. Use a wooden or plastic spoon/spatula.
- Cover the mixture with cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band. Let the yogurt activate for 24hours and up to 48 hours in a warm place. The longer it rests, the tangier the yogurt will become.
- Enjoy with berry compote. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The yogurt's texture and tanginess will vary with each batch. It is based upon the coconuts and how thick the meat is, how much water there is, and how strong the probiotics are that you are using. Experiment with different brands to see what work for you.
A confection you will love forever. It is one of our favorite snacks to have and friends and families love it. They will ask for more and won’t believe this confection is raw vegan.
The combination of cranberry and peanut butter ugh it’s divine!
Trust me this lil cranberry and peanut confection makes life a whole lot better.. indulgent decadent and just dreaamy!