Baked Cauliflower Buffalo Wings – Gluten Free
Cauliflower is very versatile and a extremely nutritious vegetable. Not only can you make these amazing Cauliflower Buffalo Wings but you can also roast it to a char or steam and puree it and it transforms into a mashed potato-like dish with less calories. These Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are incredible and very addictive even to non vegans and specially for kids! Its the perfect gluten free healthy snack for a movie or just to enjoy with friends and family.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup almond flour/meal
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup hot sauce (or barbecue sauce any sauce you like)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the hot sauce in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth (consistency should be on the thinner side).
- Mix in cauliflower, being sure that all the pieces are coated.
- Place cauliflower on a baking tray in a single layer (use parchment paper or oil to prevent it from sticking) and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently scoop the cauliflower from the tray and put into the bowl of hot sauce. Carefully and slowly toss the cauliflower around to coat with sauce.
- Place the cauliflower back on the baking tray and roast for 25 more minutes until the sauce has absorbed/firmed up on the cauliflower.
- Serve with your favorite dressing and voilá enjoy!
- Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top and serve while still hot.