Gluten-Free Vegan Lentil Kofta
Kofta is similar to falafel, except they’re made with lentils instead of chickpeas. I used U.S. pulses in this recipe combining red and brown lentil to create a similar texture and cosistency. Combined with different spices and herbs it is then shaped into logs or patties and pan-fried.
Lentils are not only delicious but also a great source of health-promoting fibre and protein, which have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties with potential cancer-cell inhibiting effects.
Enjoy with tzatziki dip or with warm grilled flat bread. You can also have it combined with salad in form of a wrap or in curries. They keep very well in the fridge or freezer and therefor are great for meal preparation.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Lentil Kofta
Pan fried koftas bursting with fresh flavours served with a garlicky tofu dip. It’s so good and super delicious! Your body will thank you for it! It is perfect for your meal prep or just to spoil your friends and family.
- 300 g U.S. raw brown lentil cooked
- 200 g U.S. raw red lentil cooked
- 3 Tbsp chikpea flour
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 6 gloves garlic chopped
- 2 pieces medium size onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cinnanmon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- vegetable oil
- In a pan heat 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil and saute onion and garlic until translucet and fragrant.
- In a bowl bring together all the ingredients including the sauteed onion and garlic and mix until everything is well combined.
- Form about 30 small to medium size logs or patties. Cover and let set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan heat 2-3 vegetable oil and fry logs over medium heat on each side until cooked through and golden brown. This will take about 5-6 min for each batch.