Kimchi Cucumber Recipe under 30 Minutes!
Cucumber Kimchi are very easy and great to prepare ahead of time plus they make a super delicious crunchy side dish for any type of meal for lunch or dinner. No need to ferment these cucumbers before you can eat them! This is an under 30 minute Cucumber Kimchi Recipe that’s fizzy and pungent just like the real thing!
This fresh cucumber kimchi recipe will get you covered with a bright red, savory, pungent kimchi that’s so good you will want to eat it all the time!
The Korean chili flakes appear to be quite spicy, however in my experience, they are not as hot as other chili flakes, like the Thai variety, for instance. Gochugaru flakes are considerably less spicy and milder. Because of this, it’s a great option for those like me who don’t like spicy food.
And if you liked this dish, you might also like sauerkraut. Check out my recipe for authentic German sauerkraut. I’ve eaten a lot of sauerkraut in my life as a German, but the best was always handmade.
Can’t wait for you to try these recipes. Love, always. xx
Kimchi Cucumber Recipe
- 10-12 pieces Pickling cucumber sliced into 4 sticks lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp Gochugaru flakes korean red chili
- 3-4 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Agave nectar or similar
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Place the cucumbers in a large container. Add the salt, combine using your hands and cover with a cloth or lid. Set aside for about 15min.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Once vegetables are wilted, pour out the water. Add the sauce to the cucumbers and combine.