Raw Coconut Caramel Chocolate Cake
OMG this raw coconut caramel chocolate cake is not only healthy and easy to make, it is gluten-free too and just divine! Raw desserts are so much fun to make and in fact anyone can do it! No baking or added sweetener required. Just rich, moist coconuty caramel chocolate goodness with wholesome ingredients.
This recipe can be easily changed to your preference or whats available in your kitchen I like to keep it easy and quick, so you have no excuses! 😉 I used cashew nuts for the crust, but any nut would work. I can see so much potential in dressing this cake up in terms of flavors and toppings — like adding some orange flavor for example! Be creative and you will see endless possibilities. 🙂
It will taste like a divine entity has landed in your mouth. Take a fork and dig in! 😀
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1/4 cups cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1/3 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean or extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- To make the crust: Place the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumble and stick together. Press into the bottom of a tart plate or 5" baking pan. Put in the freezer for about 5 min while making the filling.
- For the chocolate layer: Mix the ingredient together in a bowl until glossy and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture generously on top of the crust.
- To make the filling: Process all ingredients until smooth. Pour on top of the chocolate layer and press it down gently, so you will create a chocolate wall around the cake. Let it set in the fridge then decorate with coconut flakes, coconut syrup and indulge!
- Keep in the freezer up to 2 weeks.