Spaghetti Ice Cream Vegan
Spaghetti Ice Cream is a popular ice cream dish in Germany “Spaghetti-EIS” made to look like a plate of spaghetti. Surely a fun and delicious surprise for every sweet dessert table or even as a unique Christmas treat.
In Germany they sell a special press for Spaghetti Ice Cream but you can also use a potato ricer which may take a little practice as you have to make sure your ice cream is soft enough to press through your potato ricer.
You can strain the strawberry sauce to get a more refined finish. The cashew meal is to simulate the parmesan cheese but you can also use other ground nuts such as almond or macadamia nuts.
Spaghetti Ice Cream Sundae Vegan
- potato ricer
Sweet Condensed Milk
- 500 g Samui Coconut Milk full fat, chilled
- 125 g brown sugar
Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
- 750 g Samui Coconut Milk full fat, chilled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g condensed milk
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 3 Tbsp orange juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- For the condensed milk whisk together 500g coconut milk and 125g brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk often and bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer until milk has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Let completely cool.
- In a bowl add 750g coconut milk and whisk using a hand blender to thicken. Add the condensed coconut milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined and transfer in a container. Place in the freezer and leave until ice cream has firmed up completely.
- In a blender combine strawberry, orange juice and maple syrup and mix until nice and saucy. Keep in the fridge.
- Ones the ice cream has completely chilled down let sit in room temperature to slightly soften. Fill a potato ricer with 3 scoops of ice cream. Hold ricer over a serving plate or bowl and squeeze ice cream through, swirling to create “spaghetti". Make sure your vanilla ice cream is soft enough to press through your potato ricer. If it is too soft it will melt, it needs to be just soft enough to squeeze through easily, and this may take a little practice. Sprinkle some cashew meal on top and enjoy immediately.