Stracciatella Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie Bowls are one of the absolute best ways to enjoy an ice-cold bowl of ice cream the healthy way! This delicious and healthy Stracciatella Smoothie Bowl is as close as you can get to a delicious bowl of chocolate chip ice cream without feeling a bit deprived.
This smoothie bowl is a healthier version of Stracciatella ice cream as it is not really ice cream. Smoothie bowls, also known as “nice cream“, have the same creamy consistency as ice cream but are made of frozen fruit instead of heavy cream and heavily processed sugar. This version is raw vegan meaning it is only made with pure natural ingredients. I had some beautiful edible flowers. Flowers make everything look so pretty, and it tastes delicious too!
This stracciatella smoothie bowl is made with ripe frozen bananas. It is already naturally sweet from the bananas, so we don’t need to add any additional sweetener. In this recipe, I am using actual cacao, which is the pure form of chocolate. Do you know the difference between cacao and cocoa? It’s huge! Check out my cacao article and see how a real cacao bean looks like.
Can’t wait for you to try. xx
The simpler the meal, the better you feel.
- 4 cups ripe bananas frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- Add the frozen bananas, coconut milk, water, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth. Adjust the water consistency if need be to get the texture nice and creamy.
- Now add the cacao nibs and blend to corporate.
- Decorate with extra cacao nibs and enjoy right away.