Florentine Biscuits are the easiest biscuits to make and you can make them as fancy or as fun as you want them to be. These Florentines are deliciously simple, ready in 30 minutes, with a nutty flavour and a delicate, light crunch. Everyone loves these and they are gluten-free too! They are not your regular biscuits because they are halfway between a cookie and a candy. Since store-bought Florentine biscuits are usually not vegan, you can make them yourself in a jiffy. Best of all, you only need 5 ingredients to make it.
Florentines are usually round, but to make it even easier I just spread them out on the tray and broke them into pieces. If you want them round use non-stick muffin pans or muffin papers or shape them round once you take it out from the pan. Oh, and these dainty biscuits make a lovely gift, tied up with a pretty ribbon for special occasions. xx
Delicious and Quick Almond and Chocolate Snack
- 220 shaved almonds
- 120 g shaved almonds
- 100 g slivered almonds
- 80 g agave syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 100 g vegan dark chocolate
- Add water to the pot. Heat the water over medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil place your bowl with chocolate on top. Melt the chocolate.
- Lay baking paper on a plate or a tray. While the chocolate is melting dry fry almonds in a pan until fragrant and golden brown on the edges. Add a pinch of sea salt and toss.
- Add agave syrup and combine making sure the almonds are covered. Turn off heat. Transfer the almonds on to the baking paper and flatten evenly using a spatula. Let cool down.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove the bowl from the heat. Drizzle the chocolate over the almonds. Place in the fridge to set.
For more flavour variety, add dried fruits and/or other nuts such as cranberries, cherries, pistachios, sesame seeds.