HOW TO MAKE CHIA PUDDING
Make chia seed pudding for a healthy breakfast or snack right at your fingertips. Bonus — it’s super easy to make!
Chia seeds are nutritionally dense seeds that will thicken any liquid you add them to. Mix them up with cashew milk, coconut or almond milk and you’ve got an almost instant pudding with a tapioca-like texture and gently sweet flavor. Its great to have for breakfast, as a snack or dessert. You can use either black or white chia seeds here, or a mix. Before serving, feel free to thin out the pudding with a little extra plant milk to taste since it will continue to thicken as it sets.
Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
breakfast, snack, dessert
- 60 g chia seeds
- 500 ml cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp maca root powder optional
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder optional
- fresh mango for topping
- freshly grated vanilla bean for topping
- In a bowl combine chia seeds, cashew milk, agave syrup and maca powder. Whisk to corporate. Cover bowl and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Now add about 2 Tablesppoons of soaked chia seeds and combine with cacao powder.
- In a jar add the plane chia seeds and layer with the chocolate chia pudding. Top up with puréed mango or fruit of your choice. I have decorated it with desiccated coconut and grated vanilla bean. Enjoy!
Store the chia pudding in a glass jar for up to 1 week in the fridge.