One of the most successful vegan lifestyle german magazine featured me on their tv platform. Here im showing my new beetroot burger recipe, find out more!
If you are looking for a juicy burger pattie, you are on the right page with the right recipe! This Beetroot Burger Pattie is juicy, packed with protein, fiber, and so satisfying. Serve it as it is, as a burger or over salad for a low-carb lunch or dinner. You can also make them into vegan beet balls.
Burgers are probably one of the most popular foods there is. Unfortunately, it is not the best for your health. This burger pattie is a healthy alternative and provides you with beautiful nutrients and vitamins. A meat-based burger comes with cholesterol and saturated fats, which you don’t want in your body.
The color gives out the illusion that you are eating meat, but it is, of course, entirely plant-based. Did you know meat only tastes good because of three main components, smoke, fat, and spices? Without these three components, meat wouldn’t taste delicious. That means we can take these three components and make Patties, Stroganoff, Kofta, and other meat alternatives altogether plant-based.
It is all about trying out something new. Transitioning to a more conscious diet can be challenging, but I promise you all the effort and dedication will be worth it. Your body and mind will reward you in the most beautiful and surprising way.
If you are just at the beginning of your plant-based journey my video about Mindset for Conscious Eating might be helpful.
I hope this recipe serves you well.
Sending love, as always. xx
Beetroot Burger Pattie
For the pattie
- 1 big raw red beet cut in medium dice
- 1 raw carrot cut in medium dice
- 1 onion cut in 4 pieces
- 1 can red beans sieved and washed
- 1 potato cooked, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp thyme powder
For the sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini paste
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor combine beetroot, carrots, and onion. Process until very fine. Now add the rest of the pattie ingredients and pulse until well combined and smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if it is too dense.
- Form 5 x 1 cm thick patties.
- Head up oil in a pan and fry the patties on both sides until browned. About 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients.
- Enjoy the patties with bread as a burger or over salad.