Apple Cake Recipe Gluten-Free
German Apple Cake Recipe
Gluten-Free Apple Cake, deliciously moist and bursting with apple flavour
This apple cake recipe is easy to make in only 3 steps! It is a lovely cake that you can enjoy as a delicious Gluten-Free Dessert, warmed and topped with cinnamon powder. Because it is naturally light on flour, it converted amazingly well using my gluten-free flour blend and a little almond flour for flavor and structure. I think you will LOVE it. And yes, it smells so good when it’s baking in the oven.
Many people know this cake in Germany as “Versunkener Apfelkuchen” which means Sunken Cake. Fresh apples are cut in quarters, thinly sliced almost all the way, and then placed on top of the cake. This gives the apples a fanned look. For a little something extra, I brush the still-warm cake with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
For another delicious favorite, make sure to check out this gorgeous moist and Gluten-Free Carrot Cake.
Apple Cake Gluten-Free
A traditional German Apple Cake made with gluten free ingredients. Serve as is or a generous dollop of freshly whipped cream.
- 1 round baking pan Ø25 cm
- 200 g rice flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g apple puree
- 100 g plain vegan yogurt
- 60 g vegan butter melted
- 500 g apples
- 1 1/2 tsp tapioka flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- To begin, peel and quarter the apples, grease the baking pan and preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the apples. Using a whisk stir into a smooth creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the greased baking pan. Then cut the apple quarters lengthwise on the surface and spread them evenly on the dough.
You must be logged in to post a comment.