Bell Pepper Ragout with Mashed Potatoes
As the season is now getting colder, a simple vegan bell pepper ragout with mashed potatoes is never wrong. In Germany, we call this dish “Geschnetzeltes“. It is one of my favorite childhood memories. If you are looking for something savory, flavorful, and quick to make, this vegan ragout is the one! This dish also makes for a great meal prep recipe. As you know, I love to keep it simple and productive at the end of the day. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. If you are interested in meal prep recipes find more delicious meals here.
Savory Bell Pepper Ragout with Mashed Potatoes
For the ragout
- 80 g texture vegetable protein
- 2 pieces carrots medium dice
- 2 pieces red bell pepper medium dice
- 2 pieces tomato small dice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable broth powder
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- handful curled parsley chopped
Psyllium Husk Slurry
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 EL wasser
For the mashed potato
- 5 pieces potato cooked
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- Soak the soy granules in approx. 250ml hot water. Add a little vegetable powder. Put aside.
- In a pan, bring the carrots, peppers and tomatoes to the boil with approx. 200ml water. Put the softened soy granules with the water in the pan and bring to the boil again on medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir in between and season with vegetable powder, soy sauce and pepper. Mix the psyllium husks and water well and add to the pan to thicken.
- Mash the cooked potatoes and butter in a bowl. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy your meal!