Tofu Scrambled Vegg – Oil Free
This is my favorite Oil-Free Tofu Scrambled Vegg recipe. Because of its practically tasteless flavor, tofu is perfect for creating whatever flavor you want in any kind of fabulous textures! Enjoy this very easy and quick Tofu Scrambled Vegg recipe!
If you haven’t tried making tofu scramble before, or even if you have, this simple recipe might become one of your new staple breakfasts. My personal favorite types to use in scrambles are a combination of silken tofu and firm tofu because they will yield results with a texture most similar to scrambled eggs. The firm tofu will resemble the egg yolk and the silken tofu will resemble the egg white.
I love to combine this Scramble Vegg recipe with a Simple Salad which combined makes the perfect light lunch or dinner.
Another essential ingredient for this recipe is Kala Namak salt. Kala Namak, also called black salt, is salt from the Himalayas that is very rich in sulfur. This is why it has a very distinctive taste and smell, just like an egg. It is called black salt because the rock is black, but it has a pinkish color not to confuse with Himalayan salt once ground down.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Sending love as always. xx
Tofu Scrambled Vegg Recipe
- 250 g firm tofu
- 150 g silken tofu
- 1 piece onion small dice
- 1 piece tomato medium dice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kala namak salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Dry fry the onions in a non-stick pan until translucent.
- Drain the tofu and break it apart with your hands before adding it to the pan. Fry for about 5min and add turmeric, kala namak salt and pepper.
- Incorporate the tomatoes and stir for a few minutes.
- Drain the silken tofu and add to the pan. Break apart with your spatula until well-combined.