Vegan Shirataki Noodle in Teriyaki Mushroom Sauce Recipe, Gluten-Free
Vegan Shirataki Noodle in Teriyaki Mushroom Sauce
Whip up this low carb, paleo & keto and gluten-free creamy shrooom noodle dish in only 15minutes!
These noodles are thin and translucent with a gelatinous texture. They’re made from konjac yam but mostly composed of just water and soluble fiber called glucomannan (5 grams of fiber per 100 grams of cooked noodles). These are a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine. They also go by other names like konjac noodles, miracle noodles or konnyaku noodles. They’re effectively zero calories and carbs and since they’re sourced from yam, they’re inherently gluten-free, vegan, paleo-friendly, and keto-friendly.
Shirataki noodles usually come pre-cooked and packed in water, so they only need to be rinsed and sometimes soaked quickly in hot water. They’re great for bulking up salads or to use in spring and sushi rolls!
Get started with this delicious mushroom pasta recipe. They soak up all the sumptuous flavors that are in the sauce leaving you with a comforting and satisfying meal for lunch or dinner. 🙂
- 250g Shirataki Noodle (water packed)
- 100g Oyster Mushroom
- 2 Tbsp Thick Teriyaki Sauce
- 100g Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Dash of Turmeric Powder
- Dried Seaweed
- Lemon Zest
- Trim the oyster mushrooms. Use a sharp knife to cut the tip off of the large, central stem that connects the oyster mushrooms together. Once the oyster mushrooms fall away, you can trim off the stems of each oyster mushroom. Discard the stems or save them to make a vegetable stock. Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and set aside.
- Prepare your shirataki by emptiying them out of the package and rinsing them well under warm water, cut the noodles into smaller strips with a scissor. Let it drain and set aside.
- In a pan under medium heat dry fry the oyster mushroom until it get crispy on the ouside. Add the thick teriyaki sauce, toss and let caramelized for 30sec. Now add the coconut milk and lemon juice, turmeric and simmer for about 30sec until the it turns into a thick and creamy sauce. Add the shirataki noodles and toss until noodles are all well coated.
- Garnish with dried seaweed and sprinkle with lemon zest!