High Protein Pancake Tower with Cherries
Fluffy Chickpea Flour Pancake
This high protein pancake tower recipe is, vegan and gluten-free. But it’s also oil-free, nut-free and made with a high-protein alternative flour. Chickpea flour. Yup! Flour made from chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, which are not only naturally high in protein, but also give you a really incredibly fluffy texture.
Basically, you’re eating chickpeas for breakfast, but in a fluffy pancake form, and fluffiness is something that’s hard to achieve when cooking gluten-free, so trust me on this one. It’s delicious!
High Protein Pancake with Cherries
- 200 g chickpea flour
- 80 g cashew yoghurt
- 80 g oat milk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup and extra for topping
- cherry compote for topping
- 2 Tbsp plant oil for cooking
- In a nonstick pan add oil on medium high heat and allow the oil to warm up before making your first pancake. It should sizzle when ready.
- Form about 4 small pancake circles by adding 2 Tablespoons of batter into the pan on each corner and flip after bubbles begin to form and edges are firming up. Cook for another 1 minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
You must be logged in to post a comment.