Moist Carrot Cake Vegan
You don’t need eggs and dairy to make a cake! You’ll be amazed at how moist, fluffy and easy it is to make this vegan carrot cake recipe. Today I wanted to do my version of a vegan carrot cake which is pretty simple, nothing too fancy except the frosting! Seriously, nobody will guess that it’s vegan.
Did you know you can make donuts without any animal products and without frying too? It’s probably the healthiest and tastiest donut there is. There are so many options on a vegan diet, and you’ll be surprised to find out all about it while on that beautiful journey.
Carrots make cakes so wonderfully moist. And the same is definitely true for this dairy-free carrot cake. I find the usual frosting too sweet. I try something new and combine fresh ingredients with some nuts. The results are fantastic. The cake is moist, tender, and filled with warm, spiced flavor from cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Most vegan carrot cake recipes rely on loads of oil, but this version is much lighter. I’ve cut some of the oil, using apple sauce to moisten. Cake for breakfast, why not? It tastes just as I expected and even better, yuuum!
And don’t forget, the taste and quality of your food are influenced by your energy too. That means if you have loving thoughts and joy while creating, it will be more beneficial for you and your family. It is called food vibration. We cant see it but, we can certainly feel and taste it.
Sending love, always. xx
Moist Carrot Cake Vegan
A delicious and moist carrot cake with carrot cashew icing, enjoy!
- 22 cm round baking dish
For the dough
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup grated walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the icing
- 1/3 cup carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 162°C (325°F) degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch or 22 cm round baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the applesauce, vanilla, vegan butter, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, flour, and milk together until combined.
- Add carrots and walnuts spread batter evenly in the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Place icing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (if not smooth enough add more nut cream).
- Once the cake has cooled down evenly cover the top with the icing and decorate with carrot flakes. I used almond flakes cause I didn't had any carrots anymore, enjoy!