Yellow Curry with Potatoes
One of our most popular recipes from our Vegan Crush Meal Prep Cookbook, this recipe gives you all the convenience of eating out at a Thai restaurant in the comfort of your own home. Serve over freshly boiled potatoes, brown rice or quinoa and your family will be raving about this delicious vegan meal for days to come.
This recipe calls for peppers, eggplant and broccoli, all of which are typical of a classic yellow curry. But don’t let that limit your creativity! If you have other vegetables on hand – especially anything that might go off quickly – feel free to add them. This recipe calls for a can of full-fat coconut milk, which is key to the dish. Note that canned coconut milk is very different from the coconut milk you’ll find in the fridge aisle, which is made for drinking. That won’t work here. You need this super-creamy, thick coconut milk to make a curry that matches the decadence of the yellow curries you’ll find in an authentic Thai restaurant.
The star of the show is yellow curry paste. You can find yellow curry paste in the Asian section of most grocery stores – just check the ingredients to make sure there are no shrimp or shellfish.
More Vegan Stew and Curry Recipes
Yellow Curry with Potato
- 100 g Eggplant cut in cubes
- 100 g red bell pepper cut in cubes
- 100 g broccoli cut in small florets
- 2 Tbsp yellow curry paste
- 250 g coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp brown sugar to taste
- 1 piece lemon
- In a pan add the curry paste and heat for a few seconds. Add the coconut milk and let simmer for 30seconds while stirring.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let cook for 10min or until vegetables are wilted.
- Serve curry over boiled potatoes, brown rice or quinoa and sprinkle with freshly squeezed lemon.