Papaya Boat filled to the brim with homemade vegan cashew yoghurt. It is easier than you might think!
This filled papaya boat with cashew yoghurt is raw, vegan, gluten-free, full of probiotics & protein and is totally delicious and a lot of fun to make. The recipe is super easy, and it requires only minimal active hands-on preparation time.
Many brands of probiotics come in capsule form. Simply open the capsules and pour the content into your cashew paste to use as a starting culture. Look for brands that are labeled “dairy-free” or “vegan,”.
A finished yoghurt can also be used as a starter for your next batch. If you have never made yoghurt before, you can use store-bought yoghurt instead. There are numerous dairy-free yoghurt brands available today, including those made from coconut milk, almonds, cashew, and so on. Save a small amount of yoghurt to use as a starter for your first batch. This concept generally works well, and then you’ll just save a bit from the new batch and so on.
Creamy, tangy, thick and simply delicious. Happy creating!
Cultured Cashew Yoghurt
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp vegan yoghurt or starter
- Place the cashews and water in a blender and blend to a very smooth paste.
- Place the cashew paste in a ceramic or glass bowl. Stir in the starter or vegan yoghurt. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in a warm spot, like a cold oven with the pilot light on, or, in hotter temps, on the countertop.
- Let it stand for six hours or overnight. The set yoghurt should be very thick and tangy.
- Slice a papaya in half lengthwise and scoop out the papaya seeds. Fill the empty space with yoghurt and top with fruits, nuts or whatever your heart desires.