Cultured Cashew Yoghurt – Papaya Boat
Papaya Boat filled to the brim with homemade vegan cashew yoghurt. It is easier than you might think!
This filled papaya boat with cashew yoghurt is raw, vegan, gluten-free, full of probiotics & protein and is totally delicious and a lot of fun to make. The recipe is super easy, and it requires only minimal active hands-on preparation time.
Many brands of probiotics come in capsule form. Simply open the capsules and pour the content into your cashew paste to use as a starting culture. Look for brands that are labeled “dairy-free” or “vegan,”.
A finished yoghurt can also be used as a starter for your next batch. If you have never made yoghurt before, you can use store-bought yoghurt instead. There are numerous dairy-free yoghurt brands available today, including those made from coconut milk, almonds, cashew, and so on. Save a small amount of yoghurt to use as a starter for your first batch. This concept generally works well, and then you’ll just save a bit from the new batch and so on.
Creamy, tangy, thick and simply delicious. Happy creating!
Cultured Cashew Yoghurt
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp vegan yoghurt or starter
- Place the cashews and water in a blender and blend to a very smooth paste.
- Place the cashew paste in a ceramic or glass bowl. Stir in the starter or vegan yoghurt. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in a warm spot, like a cold oven with the pilot light on, or, in hotter temps, on the countertop.
- Let it stand for six hours or overnight. The set yoghurt should be very thick and tangy.
- Slice a papaya in half lengthwise and scoop out the papaya seeds. Fill the empty space with yoghurt and top with fruits, nuts or whatever your heart desires.