Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
These Cinnamon Rolls are crisp on the edges and gooey soft on the inside. I couldn’t help myself with the frosting. I seem to be adding hemp hearts to just about everything these days.
To me, the whole point of cinnamon rolls is to eat them doing lazy morning things. I did this on the weekends for brunch with friends and it is always something that everybody loves. At least I haven´t met somebody yet who said what gooey soft cinnamon rolls hell no!
This vegan cinnamon roll recipe is worth every minute of preparing and waiting. Bake these for your friends and family to show them that we don’t need to harm animals in order to enjoy tasty treats.
I also love to serve my soft Carrot Cake or Pumpkin Pie. You might enjoy these recipes as well. Classics are always a winner!
Stay well and healthy my friends.
Sending love, always. xx
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Yields 10Warm, gooey, puffy, delicious homemade vegan cinnamon rolls.
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 14 g instant yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 Tbsp vegan butter for the dough
- 2 1/2 Tbsp vegan butter for the filling
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup roasted pecans chopped
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the almond milk until warm. It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast. Add the yeast and let activate for 10 minutes and let it set.
- In a bowl add flour, 5 tbsp butter, salt, and the almond yeast mix. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball, adding flour as needed.
- Coat your mixing bowl with oil and add your dough ball back in and roll it around to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with 2 1/2 tbsp melted vegan butter. Then top with sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough. Cut into 10 even pieces and place on a well-buttered 8x8 square pan and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and crusty on the top, sprinkle with some hemp seeds and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
If you like to add the glaze to yours, combine icing sugar and water together and glaze the rolls immediately before serving. Rolls are best enjoyed the same day, but stay fresh and soft in a covered container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 5 days.