MANGO FLOAT CAKE
Are you a fan of no-bake and chilled fruit cakes like this one? This mango float cake is the perfect summer dessert and one of the easiest cake to whip up!
You don’t need an oven to make a great dessert.
Mango float cake is a very popular Filipino dessert ‘icebox cake’ also called Mango Royale, that is a big hit during the holiday seasons or any other special occasion. Soft clouds of sweetened cream and generous bits of sweet mangoes between softened layers of graham crackers. Its creamy and refreshing with loads of bright, summery fresh fruit flavor. This vegan version tastes so legit it’ll surprise everyone at your next party! You can also replace mangoes with peaches.
I soak the crackers in evaporated milk before layering it down. This will help making it easier to cut through the cake without mushing it down and it adds another rich comforting flavour. Veganising this mango float cake is so easy with Nature’s Charm evaporated milk, coconut whipped cream and condensed milk.
You may line your container with a parchment paper so you can lift the whole cake once frozen. Just make sure to use a sturdy one so it will not break even when soaked.
The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for the cake to set!
If you make this coconut mango float cake tag me on Instagram at #maricelsvegancrush @maricelsvegancrush. I love seeing your takes on my recipes.
Enjoy making this fluffy goodness! xx
Coconut Mango Float Cake
- Just an 8×8 baking dish, an electric handheld mixer, some bowls and spatulas
- 2 can Nature's Charm coconut whipped cream chilled overnight
- 100 g Nature's Charm condensed milk
- 100 g Nature's Charm evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 sweet mangos about 400g diced
- 300 g vegan graham crackers
- Whip the chilled cream until doubled in size. In a separate bowl combine condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Gently fold in the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture until well combined.
- In a seperate bowl add the evaporated milk and soak each cracker on each side, to soften. Let it soak for just couple of seconds. It should not becomme soggie.
- Line the dish with graham crackers. Spread half of the cream mixture on top of the graham. Spread half of the sliced mangoes on top of the cream. Repeat the process to make the second layer of graham, cream mixture and remaining sliced mangoes. Spread the mangoes evently and finish with sprinkles of crushed crackers. Place in the freezer.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
You can either freeze or chill the cake in the fridge overnight. Freezing will result in a more ice cream cake-like end product which you would have to thaw several minutes before serving. Chilling will result in a creamy, ready-to-eat cake out of the fridge.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Nature’s Charm.
Vegan Food is on the rise all over the world, especially in Bangkok. The more options there are the easier it is to make a conscious decision to a more sustainable and healthy lifestyle. Guru Magazine by Bangkok Post reviewed our meal delivery and we got featured on the cover story. Wohoo!
Our favorite in the menu this week
Korean Rice Balls over Broccoli and Sprouted Bean Gravy.
💡👉 Sprouting grains and legumes changes the nutritional profile, making their nutrients more readily available and possibly easier to digest.
How to? 🤔 The procedure of sprouting or germinating grains and legumes is by firstly soaking them in enough filtered water between 10-24hours. After that it needs to be rinsed and then kept in environments with controlled amounts of warmth and moisture to be nurtured just right so the germination can take place and new life can begin to evolve.
This is why we always activate or sprout our grains and legumes for optimal nutrition. 🌱💪💥
The menu for this week:
🍉 Tasty Protein Spring Vegetable Stew over Mashed Roots
🍉 Luscious Braised Sesame Cabbage Bean Curd
🍉 Creamy Peanut Butter Spinach over Germinated Barley
🍉 Teriyaki Veggie Bowl over Red Bean Puree
Get started with a trial week in 3 EASY steps:
1. Fill out the questionnaire
2. Confirm your order
3. Receive your first health boost food delivery the following Monday!
🆓📣 Free Energy Bliss Balls for first time customers.
We use reusable food containers to reduce waste as much as possible. Just swap the empty containers and bag with the new delivery each time. 🌍
The recipes are a unique blend of originals and fusion food that are changing every week.
Invest in yourself in every aspect of life because everything starts with you.
Spaghetti Ice Cream is a popular ice cream dish in Germany “Spaghetti-EIS” made to look like a plate of spaghetti. Surely a fun and delicious surprise for every sweet dessert table or even as a unique Christmas treat.
In Germany they sell a special press for Spaghetti Ice Cream but you can also use a potato ricer which may take a little practice as you have to make sure your ice cream is soft enough to press through your potato ricer.
You can strain the strawberry sauce to get a more refined finish. The cashew meal is to simulate the parmesan cheese but you can also use other ground nuts such as almond or macadamia nuts.
Spaghetti Ice Cream Sundae Vegan
- potato ricer
Sweet Condensed Milk
- 500 g Samui Coconut Milk full fat, chilled
- 125 g brown sugar
Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
- 750 g Samui Coconut Milk full fat, chilled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g condensed milk
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 3 Tbsp orange juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- For the condensed milk whisk together 500g coconut milk and 125g brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk often and bring to a low simmer. Continue to simmer until milk has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Let completely cool.
- In a bowl add 750g coconut milk and whisk using a hand blender to thicken. Add the condensed coconut milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined and transfer in a container. Place in the freezer and leave until ice cream has firmed up completely.
- In a blender combine strawberry, orange juice and maple syrup and mix until nice and saucy. Keep in the fridge.
- Ones the ice cream has completely chilled down let sit in room temperature to slightly soften. Fill a potato ricer with 3 scoops of ice cream. Hold ricer over a serving plate or bowl and squeeze ice cream through, swirling to create “spaghetti". Make sure your vanilla ice cream is soft enough to press through your potato ricer. If it is too soft it will melt, it needs to be just soft enough to squeeze through easily, and this may take a little practice. Sprinkle some cashew meal on top and enjoy immediately.